The building of the old Primary School of Kochylou has been granted by the Municipality of Andros to the University of the Aegean and the project. It will constitute the reference point of the project on the island, hosting its offices, to be also used for the implementation of the Drystone School and public events. In the future it will be the hosting place for volunteers and researchers.
The building has been constructed according to the specifications of the first normative text for school space in Greece issued in 1894 drafted by the law engineer D. Kallias. It is an important part of architectural and cultural heritage characterized as a school building of the "Kallia" type.
The project is implemented with the financial support of the European Commission.